What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
Static and dynamic content editing
"A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!"
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Owning your own business is great, its empowering, challenging and you don’t have to work for anyone else. But there is also nothing worse than feeling like you’re drowning in paperwork and receipts that you don’t understand anything about!
Accounting software has become a must-have tool for small businesses, providing the ability to manage finances with ease, and save time and money. But with so many options out there, how do you choose the right one?
In this article, we will compare two of the most popular accounting software solutions available on the market: Freshbooks and Quickbooks.
What is Quickbooks?
Quickbooks is an accounting software program designed to help small businesses manage their finances. It's easy to use, cloud-based and helps keep track of expenses, invoices, taxes and more with just a few clicks. It also comes with a variety of tools specifically designed for small business owners so that they can easily manage their finances without having to hire an accountant or bookkeeper.
What is Freshbooks?
Freshbooks is a simple and intuitive accounting software solution that is perfect for small business owners who are just starting out. It offers features such as time tracking, invoicing, and expense tracking, making it easy to manage your finances. Freshbooks also integrates with other popular software solutions such as G Suite, PayPal, and Stripe.
Which of these tools is best for me?
In order to decide whether you would get more out of Quickbooks or Freshbooks, let’s take a detailed look at each tool’s usability, pricing, customer reviews, features and integrations.
When it comes to dealing with numbers and spreadsheets, many people are put off, especially if Excel is involved! The user-friendliness of each tool will be an important factor to consider when deciding between them. LEt’s take a look…
How user-friendly is Quickbooks?
Quickbooks has been designed with the user in mind, making it easy to navigate and use, even for those who have little to no experience with accounting software.
One of the key reasons why Quickbooks is so user-friendly is its intuitive design. The software has a clear and organised layout, with menus and options that are easy to understand. The user interface is also customisable, allowing users to set up the software in a way that works best for their specific needs.
In addition to this, Quickbooks offers step-by-step guides and tutorials that can help users get started and learn how to use the software.
How user-friendly is Freshbooks?
Freshbooks also has a clean and modern interface that is easy to navigate, even for those who have little to no experience with accounting software. This is vital because the majority of people turning to these services will not have a lot of experience in this area.
The software has a simple and straightforward design, with menus and options that are easy to understand. The user interface is also customisable, allowing users to set up the software in a way that works best for their specific needs.
Freshbooks also offers a range of features that make it easy to use such as automated billing and invoicing. We will look at the features in more detail later in this article.
For usability, Freshbooks wins because of its beginner-friendly interface. 1-0.
Price is always a deciding factor for many people and it certainly effects what tools you can have access to.
How much does Quickbooks cost?
Quickbooks offers three different pricing plans, one for people starting out in their business venture, one for people running their business successfully and one for people growing their business. The prices may change so be sure to check their website for the most up to date pricing options.
How much does Freshbooks cost?
Much like Quickbooks, Freshbooks offers a range of pricing options but they are slightly cheaper. Their pricing changes according to the level of needs you require. They also offer custom pricing that you can contact their team about. Again, check the website for the most up to date pricing.
When it comes to pricing, Freshbooks wins because of it’s affordability. 2-0.
Of course the most important thing that helps us decide between a tool is the amount of features available and whether they are what we are looking for in an accounting software.
What can I do with Quickbooks?
QuickBooks offers a wide range of features that make it a popular choice for small business owners looking to manage their finances more effectively.
Here are some of the key features of QuickBooks so you can check if they suit your needs:
- Invoicing: QuickBooks makes it easy to create and send professional-looking invoices. You can customise your invoices with your company logo, payment terms, and other details, and you can even set up automatic invoicing for recurring payments.
- Expense Tracking: this tool allows you to track your business expenses, including receipts and bills. You can easily categorise expenses and track them against your budget, making it easier to stay on top of your finances.
- Banking: this tool can connect to your bank accounts and credit cards, allowing you to automatically import transactions and reconcile your accounts. This can save you time and reduce the risk of errors.
- Payroll: there is also a built-in payroll solution that makes it easy to pay employees and track taxes. You can also set up automatic payroll deductions and filings, making it easier to stay compliant with government regulations.
- Reporting: QuickBooks offers a range of reports that can help you track your business performance, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow reports. You can customise these reports to suit your specific needs and export them to Excel for further analysis.
- Inventory Management: there is a built-in inventory management system that allows you to track your products and services. You can set up alerts when inventory levels are low, track sales by item, and even create purchase orders for reordering products.
It is clear that QuickBooks has the tools you need to stay on top of your finances and grow your business.
What can I do with Freshbooks?
Let’s take a look at the features available in Freshbooks…
- Invoicing: Just like Quickbooks, Freshbooks also makes it easy to create and send professional-looking invoices to clients. The software offers customisable templates that you can personalise with your company logo and branding. You can also set up automatic invoicing for recurring payments and track when invoices are viewed and paid.
- Time Tracking: Freshbooks offers a built-in time tracking feature that allows you to track billable hours for projects and tasks. You can also set up automatic time tracking and billable rates, making it easy to invoice clients for the time you spend working on their projects. If you are looking for an alternative time tracking software however you could look into Timely or Harvest.
- Expense Tracking: With Freshbooks, you can easily track your business expenses and organise them by category. You can also upload receipts and attach them to specific expenses, making it easier to keep track of your finances and stay on top of your budget.
- Project Management: this software also has a range of project management tools, including task lists, project timelines, and team collaboration. You can assign tasks to team members, track project progress, and communicate with clients all within the Freshbooks platform.
- Reporting: Freshbooks offers a range of reports that can help you track your business performance, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow reports. You can also customise reports to suit your specific needs and export them to Excel or PDF for further analysis.
- Payment Processing: Freshbooks offers a range of payment processing options, including credit card payments and ACH bank transfers. You can also set up automatic payment reminders and late fees, making it easier to get paid on time.
- Mobile App: Freshbooks has a mobile app that allows you to manage your finances on the go. You can create and send invoices, track time and expenses, and manage your projects all from your smartphone or tablet.
When we are looking at features, we have to call it a draw between these two tools. 3-1.
Quickbooks has a good rating on G2 with 4 out of 5 stars. People have commented saying it is an excellent choice for small and medium-sized businesses and that it has lots of integrations available. There are a few reviews about the pricing saying it is too expensive but that would be dependent on the individual business’ financial situation. A few others also mentioned that their customer service wasn’t great; just something to keep in mind when you are considering this tool.
Freshbooks is highly regarded by business owners, with a strong 4.5/5 rating on G2. Users have commented that it is a great tool for solo entrepreneurs and that it helped them get their small agency up and running with the correct invoicing procedures. There are some comments about a few technical issues with logging on so perhaps prepare for that if you choose this tool. Overall, super positive.
Freshbooks has a higher rating on their reviews so they take the point here. 4-1.
There are many integration options available in Quickbooks (over 750!) and they allow you to achieve a lot of things in different areas of your business.
- Payment Processing: QuickBooks integrates with a range of payment processing providers, including PayPal, Square, and Stripe. This allows you to accept credit card payments and ACH bank transfers directly from your QuickBooks account.
- Time Tracking: QuickBooks integrates with a range of time tracking software, including TSheets and Time Tracker by eBillity. This allows you to track billable hours and automatically sync them with your QuickBooks account.
- Inventory Management: this software also integrates with inventory management software, including Fishbowl and SOS Inventory. This allows you to track your inventory levels and automatically update your QuickBooks account when items are sold or restocked.
- E-Commerce: you can integrate e-commerce platforms, including Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce. This allows you to automatically sync your sales data with your QuickBooks account and manage your finances more efficiently.
- CRM: you can integrate this tool with Salesforce and HubSpot, allowing you to track your customer interactions and sync your sales data with your QuickBooks account.
- Project Management: integrations with popular project management softwares like Trello and Asana means you can track your project progress and automatically sync your billable hours with your QuickBooks account.
- Expense Management: QuickBooks integrates with a range of expense management software, including Expensify and Receipt Bank. This allows you to automatically import your expense data and easily categorise and track your business expenses.
You can view all of the impressive range of integrations for Quickbooks here on their website.
Freshbooks offers all of the same integrations as Quickbooks so we won’t go into detail again about these. Both tools have a fantastic amount of integrations that make life easier for anyone using their software. For the full list of apps and integrations available on freshbooks, take a look at their website.
Both tools offer an amazing range of integrations so they both get a point on this one. 5-2.
So, which tool is right for your business?
Both Freshbooks and Quickbooks are excellent accounting software solutions that can help you manage your finances more effectively. However, the best solution for your business will depend on your specific needs and requirements.
When to use Quickbooks?
If you have more complex financial needs, including payroll management and inventory tracking, Quickbooks may be the better choice. Quickbooks works for businesses that are prepared to scale and learn as they go, if they are a business that sells products and if they want to just commit to one single financial tool.
When to use Freshbooks?
If you are just starting out and need a simple and easy-to-use solution, Freshbooks may be the best option. This tool is generally recommended for freelancers and solo entrepreneurs, people that are looking for something user-friendly and simpel to set up, and if you want to have native integrations with your other tools.
So, what are you waiting for? Simplify your accounting journey and experience now by signing up to one of these fantastic accounting tools.
Just a heads up, some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, meaning we may make a small commission on any sign-ups or purchases for the tools we recommend.