What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
Static and dynamic content editing
"A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!"
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
As remote work becomes the norm, businesses are looking for project management tools that can help them streamline their workflow and keep teams productive. Two popular options are ClickUp and Monday.com, both of which offer a range of features to help teams collaborate effectively. But which one is right for you?
In this article, we'll compare ClickUp vs Monday.com in terms of usability, features, pricing, customer reviews, and integrations, so you can make an informed decision.
ClickUp: “One app to replace them all”
ClickUp is a project management tool that helps teams collaborate and stay organised. It offers a range of features and collaboration tools. ClickUp also offers integrations with other tools like Google Drive and Trello, as well as native integrations with project management tools like Asana and Jira.
ClickUp's interface may take some time to get used to as it offers a lot of customization options, but its affordability and customisation make it a good fit for small businesses.
Overall, ClickUp is a powerful project management tool that can help teams streamline their workflow and stay productive.
Monday.com: “A platform built for a new way of working”
Monday.com is another popular project management tool that helps teams collaborate and stay organised. It offers a range of features that we will take a look at later in this article and it also offers advanced automations and integrations with other tools. Monday.com has a simple and intuitive interface that is easy to use from the get-go, making it a popular choice among businesses of all sizes.
Its plans are more expensive than ClickUp, but its advanced features and integrations make it a good fit for larger organizations. Overall, Monday.com is a powerful project management tool that can help teams manage tasks, projects, and workflows with ease.
We are going to take a look at each tool’s usability, pricing, customer ratings, features and integrations in order to help you make an informed decision about which one is right for your situation.
ClickUp and Monday.com both have user-friendly interfaces that are easy to navigate.
Monday.com offers a simple and easy-to-use interface with customisable boards and columns, making it easy to organise tasks and projects. The platform's drag-and-drop functionality allows users to quickly move tasks around the board, while colour-coded labels help users easily distinguish between different types of tasks.
Monday.com's interface is highly visual, which makes it easy to quickly scan and understand the status of different tasks and projects.
ClickUp, on the other hand, offers a highly customisable interface that may take some time to get used to. However, the platform's flexibility allows users to organise tasks and projects in a way that works best for them.
ClickUp offers a range of views, including list view, board view, and calendar view, which allows users to choose the best way to view their tasks and projects. ClickUp's interface is highly visual, with colour-coded labels and progress bars that help users quickly understand the status of different tasks and projects.
Both tools have a good level of usability, so it’s a draw. 1-1.
Both ClickUp and Monday.com offer a wide range of features that can help teams manage tasks, projects, and workflows. Here's a breakdown of the key features of each tool:
- Task Management: ClickUp offers a range of task management features, including customisable task lists and boards, subtasks, checklists, and due dates. Tasks can be assigned to team members, prioritised, and tracked through various stages of completion.
- Time Tracking: It has a built-in time tracking feature that allows team members to track the amount of time they spend on each task. This feature also offers time estimates, so team members can compare their actual time spent to their estimated time.
- Collaboration: There are a range of collaboration tools too, including comments, mentions, and file attachments. Team members can discuss tasks and projects in real-time, making it easy to stay on the same page.
- Goal Tracking: ClickUp's goal tracking feature allows teams to set and track progress toward specific goals. This feature includes progress bars, due dates, and customisable metrics, making it easy to stay on track toward achieving goals.
- Custom Fields: ClickUp offers a wide range of customizable fields that can be used to track additional information about tasks and projects. This includes fields for task status, priority, and more.
- Project Templates: ClickUp offers a range of pre-made project templates that can be used to quickly create new projects. This makes it easy to get started with new projects and ensures that teams are following best practices.
- Integrations: ClickUp offers a range of integrations with other tools, allowing teams to work seamlessly across different tools and platforms.
- Reports: this allows teams to analyse their progress and identify areas for improvement. This includes time tracking reports, task completion reports, and more.
ClickUp offers a wide range of features that make it a powerful project management tool. Its flexibility and customisation options make it a good fit for teams of all sizes and industries.
- Customisable Boards: Monday.com offers customisable boards that can be used to track tasks and projects. These boards can be customised with columns, labels, and other features to suit the needs of individual teams.
- Time Tracking: Monday.com offers built-in time tracking features that allow team members to track the amount of time they spend on each task. This feature also offers time estimates, so team members can compare their actual time spent to their estimated time.
- Collaboration: Monday.com offers a range of collaboration tools, including comments, mentions, and file attachments. Team members can discuss tasks and projects in real-time, making it easy to stay on the same page.
- Automations: Monday.com offers a range of automation features that can help teams save time and streamline their workflows. This includes automatic notifications, updates, and more.
- Dashboards: Monday.com offers customisable dashboards that allow teams to visualise their progress and track key metrics. This includes progress bars, charts, and other visualisations.
- Integrations: Monday.com also offers a wide range of integrations with other tools.
- Templates: Monday.com offers a range of pre-made templates that can be used to quickly create new projects. This makes it easy to get started with new projects and ensures that teams are following best practices.
- Mobile App: Monday.com offers a mobile app that allows team members to access the platform on-the-go. This makes it easy to stay connected and up-to-date even when away from the office.
As we have seen, Monday.com offers a range of features that make it a powerful project management tool.
Overall, ClickUp offers more customisation options, while Monday.com's automations and integrations are more advanced.
Monday.com is our winner when it comes to features due to the advanced nature. 2-1.
ClickUp and Monday.com both offer a range of pricing plans to fit different budgets and needs. Here's a breakdown of their pricing plans:
How much does ClickUp cost?
This tool also offers a range of different pricing options and each one has something different to offer. They also have a free option which they say is best for personal use, or a $9 per month option for small teams. From there the pricing increases according to the size of your team.
How much does monday.com cost?
Monday.com offers different pricing options according to your needs. The free option allows individuals up to two seats, a great option if you’re looking to try before you buy. The basic option is an affordable $24 per month and then there are standard, pro and enterprise options which you can upgrade to depending on your needs and your company.
Clickup is more affordable in general so it has to be our winner on the pricing front. 2-2.
Both ClickUp and monday.com have positive customer reviews, but ClickUp has a higher overall rating on review sites like G2 and Capterra. Customers praise ClickUp's customization options and ease of use, with some saying they love that it is an all in one tool, exactly the way they market themselves.
Monday.com's users appreciate its automation capabilities, it’s ability to centralise all tasks across the team, and the customisable dashboard options.
It has to be a tie between both tools for reviews as they have the exact same score. 3-3.
ClickUp and monday.com both offer integrations with a range of third-party tools, including Google Drive, Trello, and Slack.
However, ClickUp has a wider range of integrations and also offers native integrations with other project management tools like Asana and Jira.
- Google Drive: ClickUp integrates with Google Drive, allowing you to attach files directly from your Google Drive account to tasks and projects.
- Trello: you can also import Trello boards directly into ClickUp.
- Slack: you can receive notifications and updates directly in your Slack channels.
- Zoom: schedule and join Zoom meetings directly from ClickUp.
- GitHub: ClickUp integrates with GitHub, allowing you to connect your repositories and track issues and pull requests directly in ClickUp.
- Jira: this allows you to import Jira issues and projects directly into ClickUp.
- Microsoft Teams: receive notifications and updates directly in your Teams channels.
- Zapier: ClickUp offers a Zapier integration, allowing you to connect ClickUp to hundreds of other apps and tools.
- Salesforce: ClickUp integrates with Salesforce, allowing you to track leads, opportunities, and cases directly in ClickUp.
- HubSpot: ClickUp offers an integration with HubSpot, allowing you to track deals and tasks directly in ClickUp.
- Asana: ClickUp integrates with Asana, allowing you to import Asana projects and tasks directly into ClickUp. Learn more about Asana and how it compares to Notion here.
- Harvest: ClickUp offers an integration with Harvest, allowing you to track time and manage invoices directly in ClickUp.
Monday.com integrates with every app we mentioned above in the ClickUp; Microsoft Teams, Slack, Outlook, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Calendar etc. We recommend visiting their website to view the full list of integrations available.
Both of these tools have a huge amount of integrations available so it’s a tie again, 4-4.
So, which tool to choose?
Choosing between ClickUp and Monday.com can be tough, as both tools offer a range of features to help teams manage tasks, projects, and workflows.
However, by considering factors like usability, features, pricing, customer reviews, and integrations, you can make an informed decision.
When to choose ClickUp
ClickUp is slightly more affordable than monday.com, so if your budget is smaller then this tool might be for you.
Their all-in-one platform is attractive for many teams due to it being centralised, and their high level of customisation options means it is a good option for creative minds and people who really want to adjust their workflow to suit them or their team’s needs.
When to choose monday.com
Monday.com is slightly more expensive but is a worthwhile investment if you will use this tool in your team.
Their options to choose your workflow according to your situation means you can be certain that something in this tool will work for you. Plus, their wide range of integrations are a great option for streamlining your workflow across one tool.
It is certain that whichever one of these tools you choose, you won’t be disappointed with their services. They are both widely appreciated by thousands of customers and we are sure that you too will appreciate them once you get started using them in your day to day workflow.
Just a heads up, some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, meaning we may make a small commission on any sign-ups or purchases for the tools we recommend.